This is the best cranberry relish recipe I have ever found. I saw it a long time ago in a Better Homes & Garden magazine. This is Trey’s favorite thing at Thanksgiving. He said forget the Turkey Mom just give me the cranberries.
Then you add a 1/2 cup or 3/4 cup of sugar depending on how sweet you like things. And you bring all that to a boil. Let those cranberries pop.
And you let them keep on boiling and popping.
I usually let them go for 10 minutes or so let get soft. Then you add a bag of frozen raspberries.
Then you poor them into a container that you can cover. I usually make these the day before Thanksgiving. It’s usually the first thing I make because they are quick and easy and it makes me feel like I’m making progress in my cooking extravaganza.
Then here is the best part of the recipe…
Are you ready…
That’s right Grand Marnier. Oh yeah baby! Add 3 tablespoons and give it a stir. People who don’t like cranberries rave about these cranberries. Below is the printable. Enjoy!
- I Bag Cranberries
- 3-4 Tangerines (Satsuma or Other)
- 1/2 -3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Grand Marnier or Other Orange Liquor
- I Bag Frozen Raspberries
- Wash Cranberries.
- Add Cranberries. Juice from tangerines and sugar in saucepan.
- Heat until cranberries pop and are soft.
- Add bag of frozen raspberries.
- Stir raspberries and remove from heat.
- Add Grand Marnier and refrigerate until ready to eat.